Friday, December 26, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 12/26/2014 - PLAY ARTS KAI - STAR WARS VARIANT SERIES - DARTH VADER

The first figure in Play Arts Star Wars Variant series will be-- Darth Vader.

An excellent and wise choice on their part, I think.

In case you're not familiar with the company or the series, Play Arts is a Japanese toy company owned by video game legend Square Enix.

Their "variant" series sees them taking existing properties and "reinterpreting" them though the visual style of the Square Enix artists, sculptors and design team.

While I'm much more of a purist who prefers the true designs of figures and characters for my personal collection, I do have a great appreciation for Play Arts' sense of design when it comes to these types of figures, and it's hard to not to admit just how awesome their version of Darth Vader truly is.

I don't know if I'll actually collect this line, but it does make me anxious to see what their Boba Fett will look like.









Vader will be released in May for $124.99

No comments:

Post a Comment