Wednesday, June 15, 2022

I'M MOVING TO YOUTUBE

 

When I first started this blog over ten years ago, I did it solely to express my passion for toys. 

Back then, there was no Instagram, and Facebook didn't have nearly as many toy groups as it does now. Also, YouTube had a few toy channels, but not the hundreds that it has grown into.

I have never made a dime from this blog-- and that's fine by me. Like I've said, I do it for the passion. But, what is hard to afford is time. I work from home as a freelance artist and time is a major commodity for me. 

It's becoming harder and harder for me to keep up with the toy news, download (and sometimes edit) tons of pictures and be on a timely schedule where I'm not constantly posting things you've already seen other places hours ago, which is where I feel like I'm at right now. 

And, I have to face the fact that a "blog" is an antiquated way to distribute information these days. Instagram and Facebook always has news first, and everyone is on those platforms.

However, where I feel I cold still contribute news and expand into other areas of toys and collecting and our shared hobby is on YouTube. I have never done YouTube before, so this will be a completely new venture for me. One that I'm both excited and nervous about. But, I feel this is the best move to make to do what I want to do with toy news and so, so much more.

That being said, I'll be shutting things down here as of now, but I will be posting again when my YouTube channel goes up. I'm making some big changes in my life after recovering from some major health issues, but I'm on the mend and looking to expand a lot of things in my life. This new YouTube venture will just be one of those.

I'm hoping to get up and running sometime in August. As I've said, I'll post an update and a link to my channel here once the first video goes up. I hope you all will follow me on this new venture and I hope to see you all there!

Thanks for the support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment