Tuesday, February 2, 2016

TOY NEWS FOR 2/2/2016 - MATTEL/MATTY COLLECTOR - HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE - CLASSICS 2.0 ANIMATION (FILMATION) SERIES PACKAGING REVEALED

I watched just about every episode of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe as a kid, although I don't know why because I don't think I liked it at all. I always wished that the characters were as cool and fierce and mature as they were in the mini-comics and in my mind when I played with the figures.

That being said, there's certainly a large appeal for Mattel's reboot of the Master of the Universe Classics line with the all-Filmation styled figures.

I was on the fence about whether or not I wanted to pick these up (either individually on eBay or through mattycollector.com), but the packaging for these figures is so awesome that I think I'm going to have to get them, or at least some of the main characters.



Here's a closer look at He-Man himself which uses the standard MOTU "buck" with a new Filmation styled head and accurate animation colors and costume.



This new figure line starts in Feb with the release of He-Man ($25.00) and a new figure being released every other month. I assume that if this reboot goes well that Mattel will make the line monthly again in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment