Saturday, March 12, 2016

TOY NEWS FOR 3/12/2016 - MEZCO - ONE:12 COLLECTIVE - MARVEL COMICS - CAPTAIN AMERICA

I've been pretty hyped on Mezco's new One:12 Collective line ever since the first figure-- Batman from The Dark Knight Returns-- was shown at SDCC a few years back.

I was thrilled to see all the new figures that had coming our way this year, but especially the Marvel characters.

Captain America is my favorite Marvel character, so having him be among the first to be produced was a pleasant surprise.

All that being said, I'm a bit on the fence about this particular version of Cap that Mezco has created. They are, essentially, doing the one things I'm not overly fond of, which is creating their own "interpretation" of a popular and existing character.

This kind of thing is always a mixed bag with very few outside interpretations being better than the originals.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this Cap... I like that he has the more modern costuming, but the blue color feels a shade too light too me, making it almost look like he's wearing pajamas. The loose tailoring on his pants also adds to that look, I think.

I still have very high hopes for this line, and I do realize that these figures are only 6" tall-- the same as a Marvel Legends figure-- so seeing them in these close up pics so of belies how they'll actually look in person-- which is how and when I'll make me decision on whether or not to purchase them.










BBTS says he'll be released in April-- although I think this is incorrect as Mezco's display at Toy Fair said "July"-- for $80.00

No comments:

Post a Comment