Friday, October 24, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 10/24/2014 - TAKARA/TOMY - TRANSFORMERS - MASTERPIECE SKYWARP (MP-11SW) - ASIA MARKET EXCLUSIVE

I had hoped to finally see this figure-- the final seeker in need of an upgrade to the new MP-11 body style. However, I thought it might be a US store exclusive like Thundercracker was. No such luck...

While the original Takara seeker releases were in the $120 range, and the US Thundercracker was around $80, if you're looking to upgrade either your original Takara Skywarp or the Walmart version from years ago, you're going to have to shell out $200 for this Asia Market Exclusive.

Yikes. That's a pretty big chunk of change.

So far, the only place I've seen it for pre-order is BBTS, but hopefully other sites will carry it for a bit less. We shall see.

I just went ahead and pre-ordered it myself. I've got to have the more cartoon accurate Skywarp on the MP-11 body. With the other two seekers looking so perfect, that old Skywarp just sticks out like a sore thumb. My collector OCD just won't let me have a lesser version in my collection if I know this much better version is available.



He should be hitting US sellers in January for the aforementioned "yikes" price for $199.99

No comments:

Post a Comment