Wednesday, May 18, 2022

MEZCO - ONE:12 COLLECTIVE - THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

I was "all in" when the One:12 Collective line was first announced by Mezco, years and years ago. I purchased their first figure-- which was the Dark Knight Batman-- and... it left me sadly unimpressed. I ended up selling it, and way too early, considering what the figure sells for now.

The only other One:12 Collective figure that's really interested me since is the Frazetta styled Conan, of which I have the v2 version of on pre-order and will be getting.

Now, with this new Spider-Man (and a teased Green Goblin and Doc Ock), I'm definitely ""in" on this one. I love the classic Spidey look that this figure has. My first introduction to Spider-Man as a young child was with the re-runs of the 60's cartoon series (sing it! "Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Does whatever a spider can"!), which was almost completely based on the Ditko era of Spider-Man. I definitely love the McFarlane (and beyond) era of Spider-Man, but that "squinty" eyed version of Spidey just hits me right in the nostalgia feels, so anytime I can get that version for my collection, I do it.

This is that version.

Spidey is up for pre-order now on the Mezco site and at most major online retailers. He's priced at $120 with a release date of Q1 of next year.



















No comments:

Post a Comment