Wednesday, May 25, 2022

THE NACELLE COMPANY - "LEGENDS OF LAUGHTER" 7" SCALE LINE OF FIGURES

The Nacelle Company, the corporation behind the Netflix series "The Toys That Made Us" as well as the upcoming relaunch of "Robo Force" figures is also producing a line of figure based on.... stand-up comics.

Now, don't get me wrong. I've been a fan of stand-up comedy since I was a kid, starting with the likes of Sam Kinison and Andrew Dice Clay, but I've never once thought to myself, "I need a figure of this guy!" Not once. Not ever. But, hey, maybe I'm in the minority and someone out there does want action figures of their favorite stand-up comics.

The first three figures in the "Legends of Laughter" line will include some pretty, shall we say, "vintage" comedians. It will include Joan Rivers, Bill Hicks and Lenny Bruce. Legends for sure, but if you're under the age of 40, you probably have never heard of or don't remember them. Another sad strike against this already strange line of figures.

There will be QR codes on the box that, when scanned, will play a comedy track from that particular comedian.

Pre-orders will open on the 16th of August and can be ordered through the Nacelle website or from other major online retailers. No word on pricing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment