Monday, March 10, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 3/10/2014 - GO HERO - 1/6 SCALE - GEORGE WALLACE as ROCKETMAN (AKA COMMANDER CODY)

I know most of you are saying, "Who the heck is Rocketman?"

I can't say that I'm that well versed in the character myself other than knowing that he was the main hero in a few serialized adventures from the 1950's. (Serials were short adventure stories cut into multiple parts-- or serialized-- and were shown before movies in the theaters.)

Rocketman, as he's called here and is also known as, is actually correctly named Commander Cody, but I'm assuming that since Lucasfilm now owns that names (and Lucas obviously took it from the Commander Cody serials) I suppose they must refer to him as "Rocketman".

Several actors portrayed Rocketman, with two playing Commander Cody. This version of Rocketman/Cody is of actor George Wallace as he portrayed the character in the serial Radar Men From the Moon.









He will be available late this year for a price of $259.99

You can also pre-order him direct from Go Hero's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment