Thursday, March 27, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 3/27/2014 - PLAY ARTS KAI - APPLESEED ALPHA - DEUNAN KNUTE and BRIAREOS HECATONCHIRES

I didn't even know that a new anime for Appleseed was coming (or was already out) that's how out of it I am when it comes to anime these days.

In the early days (late 80's/early 90's) I was one of the first hardcore guys when it came to anime and manga, and one of the first mangas I fell in love with was Masamune Shirow's Appleseed. The story and art were unlike anything I'd ever seen before.

Later, Shirow went on to create the masterpiece manga known as Ghost in the Shell and to this day remains one of Japan's top artist both in skill, output and demand.

These new figures look absolutely fantastic, although they deviate from Shirow's original designs a bit too much for me.

Regardless, when it comes to Applessed, I'll pretty much buy anything I can get my hands on, especially if it's action figures, so as soon as I saw these, I knew I wanted them. Then I saw the price and now I'm not quite so sure...

Play Arts will be asking a ridiculous $100 each for these.

Seriously, Play Arts-- WTF?! A hundred bucks now for your figures?? A few years ago they were $40, then $50 and so on, and now they're up to $100?!?

I know Hot Toys collectors have been very vocal about the steady increase in price on their figures, but Play Arts is putting their price hikes to shame-- and Play Arts figures, while really good, are not "great" figures. They are clunky with usually spray paint apps, so then now asking $100 is just 100% freaking insane to me.

By the end of this year, they'll be asking $120 each, you just wait and see.

Anyway, here are the figures that I may or may not get now....






These will be out in June for the outlandish price of $99.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment