Thursday, March 27, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 3/27/2014 - PLAY ARTS KAI - ARKHAM ORIGINS - BATMAN and DEATHSTROKE

I just bought this game and am up to the point where I have my first encounter with Deathstroke-- and he is kicking my ass. (In fact, as soon as I finish this post, I'm going to make another attempt at getting past him.)

I used to own Play Arts' figures from Arkham City, but I recently sold them. There's just something about Play Arts figures that look good, but just don't display or play well to me.

First off, I don't like the scale. They're just too big. The joints are also too clunky and the figures never, ever stand on their own. Every day they'd shelf dive to the floor under their own weight.

I keep waiting for them to reach the level of quality that their prices suggest that they're at, but I haven't seen it just yet. That being said, these figures do look hella impressive. That Deathstroke could be the best looking Deathstroke figure ever produced thus far. Looking at him here, he has a very Metal Gear Solid feel to him, doesn't he? (Nothing wrong with that, though!)

Batman also looks good, but I never liked Play Arts' capes. They're too huge and stiff and make posing the figure almost impossible.

Alright, enough ragging on Play Arts, I'll just show you the figures and you can make your own judgement.













These will be out sometime late summer/early fall for Play Arts new (and ridiculous) price of $99.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment