Thursday, June 26, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 5/30/2014 - HASBRO - GI JOE COLLECTOR'S CLUB FIGURE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE 3.0

UPDATE - 6/27/2014 - NEW PICS!

After strong collector feedback, the GI Joe Club has decided to make some changes to the Hit & Run figure to make him more like the vintage figure, which means (mainly) adding the green paint to his arms and face. There are a few other slight changes to the figure as well. Definitely an upgrade from the original!


Here is the final figure reveal for the FSS 3.0, Bombstike.

I like that they used the Renegades Scarlett body for this one. I think it's a good choice. I don't know diddly about this character, but this might be one of the few non-original characters that I'll be keeping. She looks great!


I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the Crimson Guard Immortal figure... Sometimes certainly recycled parts don't seem all that noticeable, other times I feel like I've seen them so many times that the figure just looks like a custom rather than an "official" release. The vest they used here has been used so many times, and it changes the look of the character a bit too much from the original design for me. On a positive note, the head looks great-- unlike the head for another one of my favorite later year army builders, the Desert Scorpion.


Big Ben was just unveiled and, for a figure that I really loved as a kid, this one look pretty good.  One of the things I really liked about the original was the satchel that held his tiny grenades. This one has a satchel and the grenades-- but they can't actually be placed in it. Bummer.




With only four more figures to be shown, the GI Joe Collectors Club gives us a look at Repeater, which, while he doesn't have a hit true signature weapon, still looks amazing.

I know a lot of people were using the ninja from the GI Joe: Retaliation boxed set as their Slice figure, but now we've got an official one coming!


Even though she's just a repaint of Jinx (as was the original), Vypra looks way cooler than I thought she would! Hit & Run looks good, but I prefer the original release with the green face like the vintage figure.


Muskrat is looking awesome and so is Psyche-Out! This is going to be a great series!


Here's a look at Alpine and Night Creeper Leader!


Here's the first pic of what we'll be seeing in the GI Joe Club's FSS 3.0 figure line.

They are hoping to start shipping the first figures in late October with pre-orders opening up on Monday (6/2).

I love the colors they chose for Spearhead. They are very reminiscent of the original figure, but aren't that obnoxious neon orange like the original had. Of course, the addition of his bobcat sidekick "Max" perfectly completes this figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment