Thursday, June 26, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 6/26/2014 - PLAYMATES - TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES "CLASSICS" - 1990 MOVIE

My favorite version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the original Eastman and Laird comic book versions. I was a huge fan of the comic books long before there was ever a cartoon or movie series.

I did watch the cartoons and I collected all the toys and figure, but they weren't quite like the originals. The cartoons were for kids; the original comics were very much not for kids.

I'd have to say that my least favorite [widely known] version of the Turtles are the goofy movie versions.

That being the case, I'll be taking a big pass on this wave of Playmates' Turtles "Classics" wave.

However, rumors are that the next wave (which hopefully won't be cancelled!) will contain two major villains. Shredder must be one of them... but who will be the other. Krang? Foot Soldier? Maybe we'll see something at Comic-Con.





These will only be available at Toys R Us and online retailers. Price and release date info to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment