Wednesday, June 18, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 6/17/2014 - PLAYMATES - TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - 2014 MOVIE - SUPER DLX and COMBAT WARRIOR FIGURES, TURTLE ASSAULT VAN and RAPH in DISGUISE

Here's a slew of new Ninja Turtle movie figures and merchandise from Playmates.

I'm going to start this post off with the figures that really made me want to post about these new products in the first place-- the Super Deluxe Turtles.

I'm one of the few people who actually like the movie Turtle designs (which surprises even me!), but I didn't really think the basic movie figures were really all that impressive-- even though I really wanted some Turtle figures from this new movie.

Enter: the Super Deluxe figures. Now these are the kind of figures that I was hoping for!









They look massive, detailed and much more like the Turtle designs we saw in the film trailer. Just look at Raphael-- he looks exactly like he's supposed to look-- like one mean mo' fo'! Just look how happy this kid is to be playing with his ass kickin' Raph! I want to be as happy as he is!


Yep, these are the Turtles I'm getting for sure. And I might even slap a little extra paint on 'em to bring out some of those extra sculpted details.

Also available will be these Combat Warrior Turtle figures, all of which feature some sort of weapon based action feature.





And yes, there will be a Turtle Van! I don't know if it actually appears in the movie, but this one is packed with a slew of cool features. I would have loved this version as a kid.






And finally, there will be at least one more figure added to the basic figure line-- The Thing-- uh, I mean-- Raph in Disguise.



No release dates or pricing info for any of this new product yet, but as soon as it's available I'll bring it to you.

1 comment: