Friday, July 26, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 7/26/2013 - HASBRO - STAR WARS - THE BLACK SERIES 6" FIGURES - WAVE 2 - OFFICIAL IMAGES

I've been excited about this new 6" line since it was announced. Not only had Star Wars collecting become boring for me years and years ago, but I am no longer collecting 3.75" action figures. So, the announcement of highly-detailed, highly-articulated Star Wars figures that focused mainly on the original Trilogy was like a dream come true for an burnt out SW collectors like myself.

My main concern was whether or not Hasbro could pull off what they said they were planning to do. Would these figures really be the creme dela creme of Star Wars action figures?

Well, after picking up the 6" Boba Fett exclusive at Comic-Con, I can tell you that that figure is so freaking awesome that I'm still trying to believe that this is a Hasbro product.

The detail is brilliant. The articulation is the best of any US made 6" figure that I can recall in recent memory. They did not hold back in any area of this figure and it shows. And when I see this figure, and I hold it and pose it and marvel at its design, quality and execution, I ask myself why we don't see this Hasbro more often!

Needless to say, I am 100% committed to this line moving forward. And beyond the figures themselves, I think that Hasbro is making some fantastic character choices.

I have no doubt that the 6" line will live on for a very, very long time. Hell, they already have their first vehicle in the works! A Speeder Bike with Biker Scout!

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Wave 2 6" Boba Fett Figure

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Wave 2 6" Greedo Figure

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Wave 2 6" Han Solo Figure

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Wave 2 6" Slave Leia Figure

Wave 2 should be hitting in November for a price of 19.99 each.

2 comments:

  1. Still no Star Wars Black Series One in my area. Hasbro having distribution issues already? Or are they not available yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not out quite yet. Should be within the next few weeks, though. They first series of the 3.75" are just hitting now.

      Delete