Thursday, November 28, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 11/28/2013 - HOT TOYS - MMS - AVENGERS - DR. BRUCE BANNER AND BANNER/HULK SET (REGIONAL PREMIUM EDITION)

Hot Toys teased this figure in some behind-the-scenes photos almost a year ago, so most of us knew the figure was coming.

Personally, it's an easy "pass" for me. I loved Banner in the movie-- as well as the comics-- but as far as needing Mark Ruffalo on my toy shelf...?  Not so much.

 I'm sure those completists out there will be happy to see this figure, however.

(Fun Fact: Did you know that in the original 70's Hulk television show that the network changed Dr. Bruce Robert Banner's name to just Robert Banner because they said "Bruce" was too indicative of a "gay man's name"? Ah, bigotry/stupidity, let's hope that you're time has passed and that you stay in the bye-gone era that you belong in.)










If you haven't been able to acquire yourself a Hulk yet then perhaps this deluxe set will appeal to you.

It's being called a "regional premium edition". I'm guessing that the region in question will be Hong Kong, meaning that getting it outside of China won't be easy. But, on the other hand, Sideshow has imported almost all of HT's other "exclusives", so they may have some of these sets available through them as well. We should know the answer to that within the next 48 hours when Sideshow updates their site with these new products.

What I do wish the original Hulk release came with-- and what many people complained about him not having-- is that awesome stand!! I know there will be people selling it separately, and that it won't be cheap, but I'm going to have to do my best to try to grab one for my Hulk




Bruce will be $189.99 and the set (which Sideshow is carrying) will cost $509.99. Both are set for release in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment