Thursday, April 24, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 4/23/2014 - DIAMOND SELECT TOYS - 8" RETRO-STYLE (MEGO STYLE) SPIDER-MAN LIMITED EDITION COLLECTOR SET

Now this is kinda cool.

I'm not usually a big fan of retro figures, but I did grow up on Mego Super-Hero figures, so the originals will always hold a place in my collecting heart.

I like the idea of this set-- especially that it comes with a repro figure of the original Spider-Man. The addition of a differently styled Spider-Man (Captain Action influenced?) and the ability to also create a Peter Parker is also cool, but from these pics, they look, I still don't like "retro" figures.

And why not include at least one nude figure? You mean I have to swap out each set with the figure included?? Weak.

But, that all being said, I think as a boxed display, it would look good. But since I'm a "toys are meant to be played with" kind of collector, I never leave any of my stuff trapped in its packaging.



The set will be limited to 3,000 pieces and will be released late 2014 for around $80.00

No comments:

Post a Comment