Friday, April 25, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 4/25/2014 - THREE A (3A) - MAZINGER Z - 16" FIGURE

3A does outstanding work, so when I first heard that they were going to be doing "their" version of my favorite giant robot of all time, Mazinger Z, I was totally psyched to see it. And now that I have....

Damn it, I don't like it.

Much like Fewture's version of Mazinger, this is very much a re-envisioning of the character's design (in very much the same style), and I can deal with that. And I actually like the design-- but those hips, the way they attach to the sides of the hips-- it's just terrible. It makes him look like a lumbering oaf.. like some kind of monkey robot.

But, as much as I dislike this design enough to no longer want it-- which is a bummer-- it's also a blessing because I get to save myself $330!

I'm sure there are many out there who will and do like this design, I only wish that I could, too.













It goes up for pre-order today at http://www.threezerostore.com/ for $330.00

No comments:

Post a Comment