Wednesday, November 28, 2012

TOY NEWS FOR 11/28/2012 - NECA - GEARS OF WAR 3 3/4" FIGURE LINE - WAVE 1

So after doing such an amazing job in the 7" market, and delving into the 18" market with their badass Predator line NECA is now going to try their hand at the 3 3/4" market.

Hasbro is the undisputed king of this scale. Their figure range everywhere from really impressive (GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra Low-Light) to complete shit (Avengers Chitauri Soldier), but how will NECA's stack up?

The 3 3/4" scale is a true test of a company's design and quality control. Remember when Mattel tried to do their DC figures in this scale? Disastrous.

While I trust NECA to give us the best stuff possible in the American market with their other scaled lines, I'm anxious to see how these figures will look. Could they be a good of a scaled down version of their regular figures as the Kawami Tamashii figures are of the regular SIC Kamen Rider figures? (For those of you who know what the hell I'm talking about when I say that.)

I think the Gears of War line is a good choice to star off this scale with. With all the characters this property can offer, it should give the line a good bit of diversity and longevity.

I will say one things though: I hope NECA is pursuing some new licenses. Aside from wanting to see their take on other properties, I think their current licenses are running a bit thin.

L to R: Marcus, Carmine and Baird

Release date is Feb for 11.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment