Saturday, May 11, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 5/11/2013 - SQUARE ENIX - PLAY ARTS - CAPTAIN HARLOCK AND YUUKI PREVIEW

Here's a little behind the scenes look-- and reveal-- of Play Arts' forthcoming Captain Harlock and Yuuki figures from the new CGI film hitting theaters this fall.

For an old school anime fan like me, these figures look tremendous! I love the look of old school anime figures that perfectly replicate the look we've seen for years (like Figma's COBRA line), but I also like a gritty and realistic re-boot now and again, and these figures are exactly that.

Can't wait for more info on these two! Of course, as soon as I have it, I'll post it here!

Square Enix Play Arts Kai Captain Harlock and Yuuki Figures

Square Enix Play Arts Kai Captain Harlock Figure

Here's a look at the film itself. Those true geeks who pay careful attention (as I am and did) will recognize Harlok's voice as none other than Mark Sheppard (Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica)!


No comments:

Post a Comment