Wednesday, February 2, 2022

BOSS FIGHT STUDIO - NEW "POWER STARS" LINE

 I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the whole retro figure thing.

In 1978 when I was collecting Star Wars figures and that was all there was and all I knew, sure, I loved them. But, we've come a long way since then. So, when it comes to my modern day figure purchases, I want the best detail and articulation that I can get.

But, I do understand that these kind of figures hit a certain chord with some collectors, otherwise the market for them would have died.

If your a fan of "retro" styled figures, then you might be interested in Boss Fight Studio's latest offerings with their new Power Stars line.

The figures will be 5" tall, and more styled like Super Powers figures than Star Wars figures, as most retro figures are. So, at least Boss Fight is going a different direction. And, considering these are super hero figures, they certain fit in with that Super Powers aesthetic.

The first figures will be based around King Features characters (which Boss Fight is also doing in their usual 3.75" hyper detailed and articulated line) including Flash Gordon, Ming the Merciless, Prince Thun and The Phantom.

These are up for pre-order now at most major online retailers, including Boss Fight's website, as well, for $21.99 each. They have a release date of Q3 of this year.








No comments:

Post a Comment