Thursday, February 17, 2022

HIYA TOYS OFFICIALLY DOING 4" SCALE GI JOE FIGURES IN 2022

 

This is some of the best toy news I've had in a long while.

I'm always excited to see what's new in all the various lines that I collect, but it's not often that I get the chance to be excited about something completely new.

GI Joe is my all time favorite toy/pop culture license, so the fact that we're getting something new, in the original A Real American Hero scale-- and by a quality toy maker like Hiya Toys-- is music to my ears.

I can only hope that these will be heavily based on the original ARAH designs, with perhaps a few updates here and there. But, if hiya Toys is going to lean into one direction more than another, then I'll take a straight up recreation of the original 80's line with updated articulation and modern design rather than deviating too far from what we all know the characters to look like.

I can't wait to see what Hiya Toys shows us for this line! Here's their announcement: 

“G.I.JOE Action figure of Exquisite Mini Series: focusing on creating high-performance 1/18 scale action figures, will be released in 2022. With GI Joe: A Real American Hero turning 40 this year, we are set to release a brand new line of action figures. This new and exciting line will give fans and action figure collectors something they have not had since the mid nineteen eighties”

Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment