Tuesday, January 28, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 5/9/2013 - 3A - 1/6 SCALE MARVEL COMICS' IRON MAN

UPDATE 1/28/2014 -  FINAL PRODUCT IMAGES


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is about what I expected. It's not what I hoped-- but it's what I expected.

3A is known for being sort of an "art toy" company. They started doing military figures about 10 years ago, but when they joined up with artist Ashley Wood to bring many of his concepts and drawings to life, they began to find their new niche.

When it was announced a few months ago that 3A would be creating 1/6 scale figure based on Marvel characters, I was hoping to see some amazing 12" comic book styled figures. But when I heard that the project would move forward based on Wood's designs, I knew we would be getting something strange and quirky.

Well, it least is something different than the same ol', same ol', right?

Here's the first prototype pic:

3A 1/6 Scale 12" Marvel Comics' Iron Man Figure by Ashley Wood

I'm not saying that it's not cool. I'm just saying that it isn't my thing. Maybe it's yours...!

No comments:

Post a Comment