Friday, January 17, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 1/17/2014 - BANDAI - S.H. FIGUARTS - KAMEN RIDER GAIM - KAMEN RIDER GAIM (ORANGE ARMS) AND KAMEN RIDER BARON (BANANA ARMS)

I hate the theme of this Kamen Rider series. I tried to get beyond it, but I can't.

Kamen Riders used to be based on cool and creepy things-- like insects. They looked like warriors. Powerful, dangerous... Bad ass.

They were not based on fruit! They did not transform into Oranges and Bananas!!! I hope that the rating on this series is in the bucket in Japan so they can realize that they need to get back to their roots!

And the "Dance Team" B.S.?? So terrible!! This series of KR is even worse than the US Power Rangers series-- and for as much as I dislike that thing-- that's saying a lot!

I stopped watching Gaim at episode 4 because it was such a chore to sit and force myself to watch it-- unlike KR Wizard, which I always looked forward to. Has it gotten any better? Should I bother trying to watch it again?

Anyway... Here is a look at Gaim and Baron from SH Figuarts. As usual, Figuarts does an amazing job translating the Riders into action figure form.






Sneak Peek at KR Ryugen and KR Zangetsu

Kamen Riders Gaim and Baron will be released in May at a Yen price of Y4,104 (about $42.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment