Thursday, January 9, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 1/9/2014 - PLAY ARTS KAI - STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS - KIRK AND SPOCK

UPDATE 1/31/2014 - NEW PICS!!!










-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the final version of these figures, I think I'll end up passing on them.

I was on the fence for a while, ever since seeing them at SDCC this past year. The figures.... have issues.

For one, the bodies are too tall and the heads too small. That, I think I could live with. But the head sculpts themselves are just too anime looking, and barely resemble the actual actors. (Much like their Man of Steel Superman.)

It's a shame because I think collectors would really love to see a nice, quality line of figures from the new Trek films, but I just don't think these are going to quite fit the bill. But, at least for now, they're our only option.



They are slated for a Q2 release for $89.99 each. Yeah, no way I'm getting these at that price point. Even if they were 70 bucks I'd still be leaning towards a "no", but at 90?? Easy pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment