Friday, January 31, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 1/31/2013 - BANDAI - S.H. FIGUARTS - SUPER MARIO BROTHERS - MARIO AND DIORAMA PLAYSETS

UPDATE 2/4/2014 - NEW PICS!!!







-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The long-time face of Nintendo is finally getting a real proper and awesome action figure courtesy of Bandai Japan and their SH Figuarts line.

I remember decades ago how excited I was when Super Mario Brothers 2 was released on the original NES. I must have played that game a million times-- literally!

I really love what SH Figuarts has done, not only with Mario himself, but with the creation of the (so far) two different diorama playsets.





Look for them to start shipping in June with Mario coming in at $24.99 and the diorama sets for $19.99 each.

2 comments:

  1. I like Mario, but not enough to drop twenty five bucks on a figure, and then twenty bucks a pop for dioramas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think that $25 for an imported Japanese figure-- especially by Bandai and SH Figuarts-- is way, way cheaper than I expected. (Most come in at $45+)

      But if you're not a big fan of something, I don't expect anyone would want to buy something, for any price, that they're really not that in to.

      Delete