Friday, January 31, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 1/31/2014 - MEZCO - BREAKING BAD - TOY FAIR 2014 EXCLUSIVE WALTER WHITE

Oh, why Mezco, why?

I love Breaking Bad, and I usually love Mezco, so why is the Mezco Walter White "figure" so completely terrible on every level??

Even the beautiful sculpt by the brilliant Trevor Grove is buried beneath bad mold casting and caked on paint. The worst part of the figure, however, is its complete lack of any articulation. This is not an action figure, it's a crap statue. It's a kitch item that's meant to take up a few inches of space on your desk until it's caked in dust, falls behind the desk somewhere and is forgotten and replaced by the next pop culture item.

Mezco will actually be offering this as an exclusive at Toy Fair-- where no collectors are allowed to go. Yeah! That makes sense!

But, if you are a collector, you can still get this exclusive version on Mezco's website for-- wait-- $80?!?

Kiss. My. Ass.


Buy it here-- http://www.mezcotoyz.com/mezco-2014-toy-fair-catalog-figure

1 comment:

  1. HAHA I clicked the link before I read your write up and said the EXACT 3 words when I saw the price.

    ReplyDelete