Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 6/19/2013 - NECA - PREDATOR SERIES 10 (KENNER HOMAGE SERIES) - OFFICIAL PICTURES

When I first heard that NECA would be doing figures based on the old (and fairly terrible-- although admittedly awesome at the time-- 20 years ago!) Kenner Predator figures of the early 90's, I thought I'd have absolutely no interest in them-- and NECA's Predator line has been my favorite US toy line in recent years.

After seeing the pictures from this year's Toy Fair, I realized that I couldn't have been more wrong. Even though they aren't part of the true Predator cannon (which is what I prefer to collect), there is just no denying that these figures are a kick-ass, awesome sight to behold! And now I find myself looking forward to the wave more than any other recent Predator waves.

Despite the fact that these are nothing but full-on artistic interpretation, they showcase NECA's brilliant toy-making skills perhaps more than when they recreate a character that we've already seen before. (Which they also do a brilliantly!)

Supposedly their plan is to release one "Kenner inspired" wave of Predator figures every year. Personally, I'd love to see them a lot more often than that!

These should be out in August.

NECA Predator Series 10 Nightstorm Predator Figure
 "Nightstorm" Predator

NECA Predator Series 10 Hive Wars Warrior Predator FigureNECA Predator Series 10 Lava Planet Predator Figure
 "Hive Wars" Warrior Predator - "Lava Planet" Predator

 - ORIGINAL KENNER VERSIONS -



No comments:

Post a Comment