Wednesday, June 5, 2013

TOY NEWS FOR 6/5/2013 - HASBRO - STAR WARS 3.75" - THE BLACK SERIES - PACKAGED FIGURES FIRST LOOK

Man, I really wish Hasbro had continued the Vintage Collection line. Those were the first Star Wars figures I'd bought since I quit collecting SW back when the Episode II stuff was released. But, alas, it seems that Hasbro killed that line, as well as retailer faith in it, with their massive over saturation of Episode I figures that still clog up many toy shelves even two years after their initial release. Say it with me kids-- Thanks, Hasbro!

And so now we get The Black Series. I don't dislike the packaging. I think it works better for the 6" line, but this is a bold departure from the previous kid aimed packaging of years past. The big problem I'm having is that, for a new line, there sure are a lot of crappy re-releases in it!

Unlike the Vintage Collection, I won't be buying these to keep carded. And I think I pretty much have all the main characters that I want, so there won't be much here for me to buy.

Click on pics to enlarge

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Biggs Darklighter 3.75" FigureHasbro Star Wars The Black Series Darth Vader 3.75" Figure

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Luke Skywalker 3.75" FigureHasbro Star Wars The Black Series Padme' Amidala 3.75" Figure

These should start shipping some time in July for around $9.99 each

No comments:

Post a Comment