Friday, October 19, 2012

(NO) TOY NEWS FOR 10/18/2012 - SO INSTEAD: STUFF I FOUND IN MY AREA

Slow news day today, so here's some super shitty cell phone pics of toys I've found in my area. (Phoenix, AZ)

Found at Walmart (also saw at Toys R Us):

Metalhead, Dogpound & Fishface

Looks like the new Hobbit toys are showing up at Toys R Us.

 3 3/4" "Let the Journey Begin" set with Bilbo, Thorin Oakenshield, Kili, Fili & Dwalin the Dwarves

3 3/4" Fimbul the Hunter & Warg

As a quick little "review" on these Hobbit figures, I'd say that they're pretty good! Sculpting is decent and paint apps are appropriately grungy-- but still neatly done in the right areas like the faces.

All in all, I think they're close to-- if not slightly better-- than what Hasbro would have done with the line, but not quite as good as what Toy Biz did with the LOTR figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment