Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TOYS NEWS FOR 10/9/2012 - NECA MARVEL'S AVENGERS 1/4 SCALE CAPTAIN AMERICA

So a few online stores have opened up pre-orders for NECA's first foray into the Marvel Universe-- the 1/4 scale Captain America from the summer blockbuster Avengers.

Now, personally, I'd much rather have NECA (whom I love) do a 6" scale, but Hasbro is already fucking that up doing that, so it looks like we'll have to deal with an obnoxiously over-sized 1/4 scale if we want to see NECA's brilliant version of any Marvel movie characters.

So, now here's the rub: this thing is going to cost 100 dollars. Really?? 100 bucks??? Jeeze!

I thought maybe $75, but $100 is just pushing the envelope too hard, I think. I'm gonna need to see a whole mess of really impressive pics from NECA before I drop 100 dollars on this weak-ass proto-pic that NECA has shown so far.


And finally, Dear NECA, don't make me invest in this expensive line and then only give us a selection of characters from the Avengers movie. I'm a completest. I already can't stand that my Hasbro 6" teams doesn't have a Black Widow and my Marvel Select team doesn't have a Avengers Cap or Widow, either. Do this right! (Like Hot Toys is doing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment