Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 7/22/2014 - HOT TOYS - BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY, APPLESEED ALPHA and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - PREVIEWS

Boy, there sure will be a lot of reveals of new figures from Hot Toys at Comic-Con this year! Well, I assume that these will all be at Comic-Con. All of these figures are supposed to be unveiled at-- as Hot Toys puts it-- Toy Fairs, and that usually includes the Sideshow display at SDCC.

Lots to look forward to here, though!

Finally-- finally!-- Hot Toys is officially unveiling their Batman figure from the Arkham City video game. Hot Toys was taking so long to update us on this figure (they teased it almost two years ago!) that I had just assumed that it was cancelled.

I was originally chomping at the bit to get this figure, now, with time and a new Arkham game on it's way, my enthusiasm has dulled slightly. But, I'm sure I'll be impressed with the figure enough to get my blood pumping for it again.


The next reveal is Briareos Hechatonchires from the upcoming Appleseed Alpha anime.

Appleseed-- along with Akira-- was my first introduction to Japanese Manga, and Appleseed remains one of my all-time favorites. It has amazingly cool designs and creator Masamune Shirow's art is just breathtaking.

I own the original Appleseed figures from Hot Toys, but I really like the designs from the new anime much better, so these are going to be a must-have for me.


And finally we have the....SHEILD Helicarrier??? Sayhuhwhat?!?

Well, obviously this isn't 1/6 scale... And I don't even think it's 3.75" scale... So what scale is it?? What ever it is, this would need to be way, way too large to fit in with any current scale figures, so don't get your hopes up for that.

If this is displayed at SDCC, I'll be sure to snap some pics and give details on the size of this very unusual piece from Hot Toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment