Saturday, January 22, 2022

MATTEL CREATIONS EXCLUSIVE WWE SET TO GO UP FOR PRE-ORDER SOON

I was a huge WWF fan for most of my youth. For one reason or another, I kind of grew out of it right before the "Attitude Era" started, but those early days of the height of wrestling was such a great time for me-- and so many other kids around the globe.

I collected the LJN and Hasbro lines of figures, and I think the fact that Mattel is preying on our nostalgia with these reto (ie Hasbro) styled figures is a pretty smart move on their part.

This set is right up my alley, especially with Roddy Piper being my favorite wrestler of all time (RIP Hot Rod!). Here, he's joined with his long-time partner in crime "Cowboy" Bob Orton and the best WWF interviewer of all time "Mean Gene" Okerlund. The fourth figure in this set is one of Roddy's opponents from the very first Wrestlemania Mr T!

I think a Hulk Hogan would have fit in a little better than Mean Gene, but, since there was never a Mean Gene in the original Hasbro line, this is probably more than a welcome edition for long time wrestling collectors.

You can order your set exclusively from Mattel Creations one week from today (Jan 28th) for $55.00 (limit 2 per customer).


No comments:

Post a Comment