Tuesday, January 25, 2022

STORM COLLECTIBLES - GATCHAMAN (AKA G-FORCE AKA BATTLE OF THE PLANETS) KEN THE EAGLE

Finally!

I've been excited to get this figure ever since Storm Collectibles announced him almost two years ago. I had given up on him (as I have on their Fist of the North Star Kenshiro, too), but, here he is and it looks like he's on his way! Well, at some point...

All we have so far is this one image to let us know that Storm Collectibles is still working on him and has him in the pipeline.

G-Force (or "Battle of the Planets", depending on where the show was broadcasted in the US) was one of my favorite early childhood cartoons. It aired early in the morning before I went to school. I knew that it had a similar look to one of my other favorite cartoons at the time, Speed Racer, but had no idea that these we actually Japanese cartoons just aired in the US with dubbing and a rehashed story.

All I knew is that it seemed like a cool superhero cartoon, which, unlike today, were few and far between back then.

I hope that Storm Collectibles does the whole team, but like when anyone gets the license for Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (its Japanese title), all I can hope for is probably Ken, Joe and Jun.

No word on pricing or release date yet, but I'll pass the details along once they're revealed.



No comments:

Post a Comment