Monday, August 18, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 8/18/2014 - THREEZERO - MATRIX A.P.U. and MOVIE STYLED NINJA TURTLES PREVIEWED

Pretty slow toy news day today, so I thought I'd post this image up, even though it's a few days old.

Awesome Hong Kong company ThreeZero has teased some upcoming products-- the A.P.U. from the Matrix films-- which will include a 6" pilot-- and the new movie-styles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

The A.P.U. doesn't hold any interest for me. I know it will be awesome looking, but until ThreeZero (or Hot Toys) makes 1/6 scale figures of Neo, Trinity and Morpheus, I don't think I'll care much anything Matrix related beyond that.

On the other hand, the Ninja Turtles have my full attention!

These seem to just be the initial sculpts of the figures-- and I assume they will be figures, but from the pics, it's hard to tell...

Articulation usually isn't built into the original sculpts be are added later, but what has me concerned is that these Turtles seems to already be posed. Plus, I would assume that a company like ThreeZero wouldn't sculpt all the armor and straps and such onto the figures, but would actually make them separate pieces, like all their other figures of this scale. I really hope that these don't end up being some kind of statues or "staction-figures". I really want them to give the Turtles the full ThreeZero treatment! I guess we'll have to wait and see how things unfold...



No comments:

Post a Comment