Wednesday, August 6, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 8/6/2014 - FIGURES TOY COMPANY - WORLD'S GREATEST HEROES - SUPER POWERS 30th ANNIVERSARY - WAVES 1 & 2

Years ago, at age 22, I moved from NJ to Los Angeles to pursue a career as a comic book artist. Luckily, things worked out very well and I finally had the kind of money I'd always wanted so I could buy-- what else?-- toys!

One of the first lines I began collecting were the classic, vintage MEGO World's Greatest Super-Heroes line.

Even back then, they weren't cheap, but I was able to collect the entire line minus the Teen Titans, which I never did get.

Seeing all these exact recreations from Figures Toy Company is like a double-edged sword. On one hand, they are such accurate recreations that if you wanted a MEGO collection just for display because you had them as a kid, this would be the perfect way to go. Plus, it introduces these kind of figures to a whole new audience who may enjoy them in the same ways I did, both as a young kid and when I inquired them at 22.

On the other hand-- man, I put in a ton of work and money getting my MEGO collection-- and I have to wonder how much these new figures are going to effect the value of what I put so much time and money into. I'm sure other vintage toy collectors may have the same issues with these kinds of toys.

I guess, all in all though, it's good to see that there's still an interest and appreciation in these original, classic super hero figures after all these years.

That being said, let's take a look at what Figures Toy Company has planned to bring our way in the coming months.











These will be released in October for $32.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment