Wednesday, August 6, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 8/6/2014 - KAIYODO - REVOLTECH - STAR WARS

UPDATE - 8/9/2014 

Here are a few more new pictures of these upcoming figures.





------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's interesting seeing how many new companies are getting the Star Wars action figure license.

First it was Medicom with their MAFEX line, and now Kaiyodo is going Revoltech Star Wars figures-- not to mention that Hot Toys seems to have been officially awarded the international 1/6 scale Star Wars license.

As shown before, MAFEX's first releases will be Darth Vader and Stormtrooper, and Kiayodo has just shown these new, upcoming figures in [probably] the same scale. (Which is also the same scale as Hasbro 6" Black Series.)

Do any of these new Japanese figures interest you? Will the higher price point keep you away, or are you willing to pay for the higher quality? Do you want to keep your 6" Hasbro line pure, or will you mix and match your collection with the best versions of the characters possible?

I'm a bit on the fence on it all myself. I might have to wait until I see some of these Japanese figures in person before I know if they'll fit in-- or look better-- than my Hasbro figures.





2 comments:

  1. bandai announced a movie realization samurai darth vader. takayuki takeya the guy who sculpted some of the s.i.c masked rider designed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about that one, too. I'm not into "reimagined" type figures, but I have to admit, that one looked pretty cool!

      Delete