Sunday, August 24, 2014

TOY NEWS FOR 8/24/2014 - MEDICOM - MAFEX - STAR WARS - STORMTROOPER

The second figure in MAFEX's Star Wars line (the first being Darth Vader) is the Imperial Stormtrooper.

I was curious as to how this would compare with Hasbro's 6" version... I have to say that I think MAFEX has done a fine job here, but, looking at these pics, there's something that Hasbro nailed that MAFEX just didn't, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Sadly, regardless of how the Stormtrooper turned out, I have absolutely no interest in this line. The reason for that comes from the last pic in this post-- the one with Vader posed with the Stormtroopers.

You mean to tell me that Vader is the same size as the Stormtroopers?!? WFT, MAFEX!?? And Vader's head is too damned small and his belly too big!

But, I'm sure there's enough Star Wars fans out there to still support this line. The one figure I am curious to see is MAFEX's upcoming C-3PO. If done right, that one might seriously go toe-to-toe with Hasbro's version-- assuming Hasbro finally gives a damned 3PO before MAFEX get's their version out!







This figure is set for a May 2015 release for $49.99

No comments:

Post a Comment